Are you a proud or soon-to-be gazebo owner? Are you a bit unsure about how exactly to care for your gazebo so that you can get as many years out of it as possible?
We have put together a list of Gazebo Do’s and Don’ts that is going to help you keep yours in tip top shape from the very start!
Gazebos are wonderful items, because they can be used in so many ways – your backyard for family braais, marketing at sports events and even as a permanent addition to your home.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at these Gazebo Do’s and Don’ts.
Gazebo Do’s and Don’ts: Keeping it in tip top shape
- Don’t leave your gazebo out in the sun 24/7/365. As we all know, the sun can cause a lot of damage to many things, and this includes your gazebo as well. Leaving it outside for a day or twee is perfectly fine, but we highly recommend that you take it down and store it indoors once you are done with it.
- Be careful where you pitch your gazebo. Remember, the material is very similar to that of a tent, so you want to make sure you use an open space. Keep away from rocks and sharp branches and twigs to avoid it tearing anywhere. The last thing you would want is to set up your gazebo, just to take it down again.
- On top of the previous point, we would like to note that you should never pitch it near a fire. This is pretty self-explanatory, but if you must know – due to the material, it can catch fire pretty quickly and can cause complete destruction. Be safe and steer clear of any open flames.
- Never store your gazebo in a damp area once you are done using it. Due to the material, mould can start to grow and not only affect the quality of your gazebo, but also cause health hazards. Be sure to always keep it in a carry bag in a dry area – this way the material will stay in tip top shape!
- If there is any mud, bird droppings or other spillage on the material, be sure to let it dry first before you attempt to remove it. Once it is dry, softly brush it off and then proceed to use some lukewarm water to rub away any left over marks. If you try and remove it while it is still wet, it will spread and only cause more cleaning to be done.
- Be sure to secure your gazebo in a way that light winds won’t move it or blow it over. Take the time to pitch it properly instead of doing a quick and easy fix. It might make life a lot easier, but in the long run it might just ruin your perfect day under the gazebo.
- Rinse your gazebo down every time you use it. All you need to do is take lukewarm water with a cloth, wring it out and wipe down the material. This will help you keep it clean, get rid of any dust that has built up as well as ensure that it is ready for the next time you want to use it.
- Keep all the bitch and pieces together – this will prevent you from losing any of the accompanying parts. In the long run, this will prevent any unwanted or unnecessary inconveniences – imagine going on a camping trip and taking your gazebo along only to realize you can’t even pitc it! So, be sure to keep all the parts together at all times.
So, ladies and gentlemen, now that you know about the Gazebo Do’s and Don’ts, we hope you are ready to take good care of yours!
Get in touch with us today to get started – whether it be for business or for your backyard.